Air Conditioning Add-ons Cordova
How to Make Your Air Conditioning System Even “Cooler.”
Sometimes you can achieve “cooler, more comfortable, and more affordable” with some very simple add-ons vs. having to buy a whole new air conditioning system.
It’s always worth considering, and here are a few noteworthy examples:
- Zoning and Programmable Thermostats. High flying energy bills can result from several factors. For example, are you cooling all your rooms at the same temperature while occupying only a couple? Do you keep the temperature set at your ideal temperature all day long, even at a time when no one’s home, just so you’ll be cool as a cucumber when you return? Well, there you have two very good reasons to consider adding a zone or two to your home and, for each one, a programmable thermostat. With one or more new zones, you can achieve “ideal” where you want and need it without wasting energy where you don’t. For added comfort, Crowe Heating & Air can install a high quality and multi-functional programmable thermostat for each zone. Each one can be programmed by hour of the day and day of the week. Some models even feature remote control operation. Here’s the math: zoning + programmable thermostats = greater comfort, lower energy bills, and less wear and tear on your AC system. What’s not to like?
- Adding a New Supply Register. Let’s say you’re perfectly cool in your bedroom but miserably hot in the family room. The kitchen’s okay but the guest bathroom is a “showering inferno.” Ouch! But probably not a reason to replace your current air conditioning system when the problem could be fixed simply by adding and/or relocating a register or two. We might have to extend your ductwork here or there, just as we would if you were building a new addition. Whatever the circumstances, you’d be amazed at how much added comfort you can gain with one or more new supply registers.
- Replace Your Filter. Most air filters do an adequate job of trapping dirt and dust, but reach their capacity pretty rapidly. That’s why you’re encouraged to clean or replace your filters every 30 days. However, by upgrading to a media air filter, you can go longer between cleanings and replacement, which means your heating & air systems will run more efficiently for longer periods of time.
- Whole-House Air Filter. With a HEPA type air filter installed right inside your ductwork, dirt, dust, and a zillion other airborne contaminants will be trapped on contact as they attempt to pass through it. HEPA filters are more than 99% effective during system operation. And that means fewer colds, flus, and major relief for asthma and allergy sufferers.
- Whole-House Humidity Control Systems. Even the best heating and cooling systems sometimes need help to regulate your home’s humidity levels. With a whole-house humidity control system, you’ll enjoy drier indoor conditions in the summer and added moisture during the cold weather months. Not only will you feel more comfortable but you’ll save money on your utility bills, too.
Contact Crowe Heating & Air today for more information on how we can add greater comfort and convenience to your home, and all while prolonging the lifespan of your home air conditioning system.(901) 413-5361
Click here to request service